Friday, October 3, 2008

Exit Strategy

Well, well, well... we have a prompt baby on our hands. So I went in for my 36 week appt this morning not expecting a thing but hopeful that all was underway. I did the usual weight thing (always depressing) then blood pressure with a finger prick to check my iron for bonus today. Went back in the dr office waiting on one of very fav doctor's, Dr. Hix for what felt like an hour (probably only 10 mins). He is so wonderful and asked how everything was going, lets me listen to her heartbeat longer than any other doctor does which is always amazing and then explains he's going to check my progress "down there" but not to get my hopes up.

Sure enough, he said Eva has already dropped and is very low. Which then explains how I have already started opening. He said he'd say I was 1/2 cm which doesn't sound like much but this early was a good sign she is on her way out. Not tomorrow by any means but he said he felt confident she'll be an October baby! 

So my drive to work afterward was surreal. I just kept thinking that I am having a baby THIS month! I have friends who had, and unfortunately have, less progress than me nearing their due dates and her I am still supposed to have 4 more weeks! What a crazy process pregnancy is. I admit, I kind of panicked and started thinking of everything else I need to do before she arrives and decided to take a deep breath and realize she has everything she "needs" but still some things I'd like to have and do. So I updated my to do list tonight, had dinner with Renee and Miss Sallie which of course made me really ok with Eva coming soon. I'll enjoy this weekend with friends and family and what is my last Razorback football football game of the year and then have a wonderful time at my shower Sunday. 

I'll go back to the doctor next Friday for another update to see how she's coming along... stay tuned...

3 comments:

Elaina Weaver said...

Just discovered your blog. I'm Andrew Weaver's wife. :) I knew that you had some miscarriages in the past so I'm just so excited for you and Jon and baby Eva. I love the room.

Dana Daniel said...

I am so sorry I can't make it to the shower tomorrow!!!! Can we go to lunch sometime this next week so I can give you your gift?

Meredith said...

Dr. HIx delivered Payton...he's the best the best ever! So sorry I had to miss the shower! We had family in town and it was too crazy! I hope you had fun!