Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Big Day

Saturday, October 25 began early and ended late but fortunately ended with the most beautiful little angel in my arms. Dr. Emily Hinton was our doctor this weekend and was fantastic. She began the petocin at 7:30, I got my epideral around 8:30 and it was game time. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised how smooth that all went. Its always worse than you think its going to be and at this point Jon and I were so excited that they could have done anything and we'd be fine. We were already surrounded by loved ones by 10 am.
So now that I was "ready to go" we just had to let my body do its thing. This unfortunately took a while. I was moving along but VERY slowly. Lots of people came and went all day which was a wonderful distraction and great to see how loved we all three are. By 2 pm though, I had only gotten to 2 cm and 60% effaced so we were getting concerned I may not be able to do this without a c-section. Fortunately, through lots of prayer, increased petocin and patience, I quickly progressed to a 4.5 by 7 pm. The best part was that this was when I decided to sit up because I'd been laying down all down and was going stir crazy. However it cut off my block for an hour!! Jon and I labored through this and we finally got the pain meds to kick back in. This must have done something because by 9:30 pm I was now at a 9. The awesome nurse stayed with me and encouraged me to a 10!! It was time to go. 
So after an hour of pushing with the help of the worlds best coaching team (Jon, Allyn and Lauren) and the best nurses and doctor I could have asked for - our dream became a reality. 

At 10:57 pm, weighing only 5 lbs, 15 oz, Eva Beth Whittaker was in our arms and completed our little family. 


Jon and I feel so incredibly blessed to have everyone praying for us over these last few years. To get to this day was worth it all and praise the Lord for being with us through the pregnancy, the labor and now as her parents.  We had the ones we love dearly with us and feel so thankful for the outpour of love and support. 


My Aunt Beth and Kate holding her for the first time. I think Eva Beth loves her namesake as much as we do.

The worlds best coaches!

Jon and I just want to say thank you to everyone who has been there for us and who are already the best support system we could ask for. I tell everyone that labor was the hardest most wonderful thing I have ever done. There's no way you cant hold your little baby and not realize this is what it's all about - this is what I was meant to do. I can not wait to continue to share her life with you all.

Love, 
Amanda, Jon & Eva

No comments: