Friday, October 10, 2008

Newest Update

So its been a big week. It started off awesome when baby Claire Carter Wade came into the world. I know her Momma had been waiting (amazingly more patient than I would have been) for her arrival and I was so blessed to have been able to be there while we waited and when she arrived. She's just beautiful and perfect and Ev and Nick did so great. They're great examples for me and already wonderful parents and I am so lucky to be a part of this little angel's life. 


That brings me to the crazy reality that I am next. Of all the friends having babies (we were all about 4 weeks apart) Evelyn was right before me. So now Miss Eva has friends waiting on her, as is her Mom. The Lord timing is perfect and I know she'll be here soon. However, according to my appt this morning, she's most likely coming in the next 2-3 weeks. I am dilated 1 cm and the doctor could already feel the top of her head! She's in position. But with work being so crazy, and Jon traveling, here's where I really get to learn now to lean on the Lord to give us rest and calm our hearts. We have a pretty big two weeks ahead of us so I was instructed to being taking it easy, cut back to 8 hr work days (yes, I had to finally have a doctor tell me that) and get ready. Then when Jon gets home on the 26th we can let her come when its time. I am done guessing, I decided I am done trying to think I can control when she's coming and trust that she definitely is coming - one way or another. So now here I wait patiently, with bags packed, checking things off my list and daydreaming about this new chapter of our lives.

No comments: