Thursday, August 13, 2009

Prayers for Baby Reese

Isn't it amazing how no matter how old we get, how much we learn, it seems to always takes tragedy to bring life into perspective. God is amazing that way, or at least thats how its worked in my life. 

So since I awoke yesterday morning, I find myself incredibly humbled and prayerful for a friend of mine's little girl the past 48 hours. Katie & Jason went my high school and always thought the world of them as people and as a couple. They have the most adorable little boy and welcomed an equally beautiful little girl, Reese Catherine, into their lives Tuesday, August 11. However, what should have been one of the happiest days of their suddenly turned sad when she appeared to have no brain activity. I urge you all who read this to take a minute and please pray for this angel and for their family that God will work a miracle and keep her in all of our lives. Pictures of the family and their story can be found by checking out their blog either by clicking on "The Rowes" to the left of my blog or clicking now

http://therowefam.blogspot.com 

On her site she has a verse I chose to add here as well. As I read it my eyes welped up with tears as it really hit home. I immediately thought about our sweet baby girl who is thankfully healthy and playing at preschool and the growing baby boy inside me. Its easy to assume that because you have this baby growing and moving and everything checks out each month that when the birthday comes they'll be what you expect. God is mysterious in that way because we don't understand why He does what He does but have to trust He knows what he's doing. I think about all the babies in my life, both the ones I have made with my own body and the ones that surround me and appreciate the reminder that life truly is a miracle. 

Hugs to you all,
Amanda, Jon, Eva and baby K

"For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, Your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be."
Psalm 139:13 - 16

1 comment:

Tales From Alexandria said...

This has to be the most heart wrenching thing I have read, I can not put into words. It is strange how God works.. just today this is what I needed to read.. to put things in perspective! Everything else dosen't matter, your Kids and spouce are the most important, and walking with God to keep us together :-)