Saturday, March 14, 2009

First Foods

Following Eva's 4 month appointment the doctor said we should go ahead and try rice cereal once or twice a day. So I got real excited and got her all set up that weekend only to find out my child must be as picky as I am when it comes to food. I am telling you now, Eva B did NOT like cereal and wanted nothing to do with it. So the first food experience wasnt the best and I didnt understand why. She'd try it then scream, then calm down and try it again and scream. I even tried it myself to see if it was bad and oh my gosh, it was terrible. So to be honest I dont think I can blame her for not liking it but being the stubborn one I am I kept trying. Finally she had a complete breakdown and we gave back into the bottle. Life was good again. Thank goodness my mother-in-law suggested putting the cereal in her night time bottle and thats worked like a charm! As bad as it was, I of course had the camera handy so you all can see it for yourself. Most our pictures are always the smiling, beautiful Eva but these show a very different side. Still beautiful but not happy with Mom & Dad.

I'll probably try it again maybe with something mixed in. I am open to suggestions on this whole feeding thing. Seems like such a big deal but not sure what she'll like. Stay tuned for more updates.



hmmm.... not so bad yet...

so Dad tries again...

started the protest by trying to push Dad's hand away...

That didnt stop us so the all out standoff began!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Hey girl... we waited a little longer with Payton, most dr.s say 4-6 months...and we waited until 6 and man she ate it up! So maybe just wait awhile and then try again...

Brooke said...

Oh little E! Sad face, makes Aunt B want to cry!
Ok...maybe try the liquid formula. It takes sooo much better. And I sometimes added some apple sauce or fruit of choice to make it taste better. That powder formula makes me want to hurl! LOVE YOU LADIES! have to hold you both soon...haha!