Sunday, November 2, 2008

1 week thoughts

All of my posts have been focused on visitors and showing off my sweet Eva but wanted to take a minute and really reflect on this past week. Sorry if I am rambling but you're dealing with an emotional new Mom. What can you expect? :-)

Never in a million years would I have thought you could love someone so much. Its like all the Jon and I have for each other is just being poured out to this little miracle. Everyone told me that motherhood is the best and that you're going to experience a love like nothing else. I believed them but didn't comprehend it until I catch myself falling in love with her more everyday. I sit and stare at the wonder that God gave us. The responsibility we have to raise her, love her and make sure she's always safe and cared for. I tear up when I think about the fact that I was chosen to be her Mom. I feel so overwhelmed sometimes that I dont even know what to say. Jon said this morning I have been more quiet lately. I found that interesting because really there are a million things going through my mind everyday. All around the wonderment that is this sweet baby girl we have in our lives.

This first week has truly been unreal. She's been wonderful with everyone passing her around. For the most part she's sleeping well. The times she's choosing to sleep arent ideal but hey, she's happy so I try not to complain. She growing perfectly and seems just so happy to be with us that I cant think of anything else I'd rather be doing with my time. 

This whole motherhood thing really is incredible. Its like I had been waiting my whole life for this and didnt know it until I held her. I feel so complete with her in our lives. Like this is exactly the way my life is supposed to be. What a wonderful feeling to know that in the midst of God's plan for your life. 

With every cry, every diaper change, every grin, every outfit change and every snuggle I thank my lucky stars that Eva Beth is my daughter. As Jon and I sang "Happy 1 Week Birthday" to her last night at 10:57 I just gazed at my family and realized - this is what its all about.

1 comment:

Elaina Weaver said...

How sweet! Sounds like you and Jon are great parents! Thanks for sharing with all of us.