Friday, January 22, 2010

Whittakers Big Week

It's been a big week at the Whittaker house! All sorts of emotions were felt each and everyday but they all boil down to : we are so blessed.

The biggest news is Jon has officially changed careers and is gainfully employed at JBHunt as a fleet manager. Its been an adjustment to a 7-5 and early bedtimes schedule but family dinners and weekends home seem to be worth it! We know there are great opportunities still to come but this leap of faith was the first step in a new and exciting chapter of our lives.

Equally as great is that I have a great new opportunity at my job. Before leave I was facing a scary reality I could have been let go due to the loss of our client. Fortunately on Tuesday, January 19th I returned to TracyLocke with a great future ahead of me on the new Hewlett-Packard account. Its been a challenge to get up to speed quickly but I know the new experience will be worth it in the long run!

These two big events meant one more... both kids started full time childcare as well! I can not tell you how comforting it is to know my kids are in the most wonderful hands during the day. The teachers and kids have been an incredible experience for Eva so I was anxious to get Kellan there too. I love the peace of mind of knowing I dont have to worry and can check on them (thank you webcams) anytime I want. The girls that take care of these kids are angels in my heart and thank them everyday!


Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Eva and Kellan Excited to go to school together now!


Does it get any better than waking up to these happy faces!?

_____________________________________________________

My Little Man is growing up too fast!

This week also marked a milestone in Kellan's life. Wednesday he turned 12 weeks old! Kellan has been the most perfect addition to our family and its a joy to watch him start to come into his own little sweet self. He is the best snuggler, sometimes too good in fact because he prefers sleeping with Mommy than his own bed. He has the biggest smile I have ever seen in the mornings which makes my new wake up time of 5:30 am a little more tolerable. And he has me wrapped around his finger. I am reminded everyday of the two miracles these babies are.



Kellan you are my little man and always will be!

_________________________________________________________

You have all seen the pic of Eva and her first spaghetti experience, right!? Well the love of italian food was confirmed with ravioli night!!! Just makes me laugh. Watching her eat this was like watching her discover food for the first time. She couldn't get it in her mouth fast enough which is what prompted her first attempt at a fork by herself too. This slowed her down a bit but added to the fun of dinner time. Who would have thought this would become one of my favorite times of the day!

(Notice she is only focused on the ravioli and not the veggies... we are NOT fans of veggie but I keep trying!)


No comments: