Sunday, April 26, 2009

Eva Beth's 6 Month Birthday Weekend

So as excited I was that Eva turned six months old this weekend it was made especially better with our the fun family visitors we had. Friday Gerritt and Abby came up to see us and we enjoyed dinner with the Robin at Red Robin. Saturday morning the girls watched Wonder Pets and got to have lots of play time before we loaded up for the day.



Then we made a lunch stop at the all time favorite (of all of us) Chickfila so Abby could play and we could get some good food before shopping! This is where we celebrated Eva's 6 month milestone of sitting in a big girl highchair. I really dont have to take her around in her carrier anymore which is great on my back but look how big she looks. For as proud of her as I am, kind of makes me sad she's growing up so fast. However, much fun was had with balloons and food then off to the NWA Boutique Show. 


The show was nice and gave G some good ideas. We ran into some great friends and got to spend some time with Allyn & Carley as well! Afterwards we headed home to let Eva and Abby play a while before they headed back to LR. The video below pretty much sums up how that hour went. All weekend Eva couldnt keep her eyes of Abby but this time Abby had her in sticthes laughing so hard. Everything Abby did was hilarious and so glad I caught a bit of it. 




We were very sad for Gerritt and Abby to leave and cant wait to see them again soon. However, I was able to straighten up and get in naps for both sleepy girls (ha- me and Eva) just in time for Josh and Lauren to come in town to surprise my grandparents for Papaw's birthday. We graced Red Robin's presence again (thankfully I at least got something different this night) and enjoyed with Josh and Lauren and Josh's sweet sister, Rachel. 

Sunday we had a nice brunch at Mamaw's then we all went to Papaw's nursing home for a surprise 77th birthday party. I think he was very happy to have everyone there and was truly surprised we made such a fuss. I mean, I think you deserve a big a fuss on your 77th!! Lauren got some great family pictures that I cant wait to see. What a special time with my family!

So that was our special weekend. I cant believe Eva is already six months old. So much has happened and I cant wait to wake up everyday and find out what new thing she's going to do or "say" or eat! We go for her "official" check up this weekend but in the meantime, here's what she's up to now. She's eating all sorts of veggies, oatmeal and sitting up almost by herself. She loves her bath splash time, laughing, scooting backwards and can sometimes scoot around in a circle. She has such a great personality and just "talks" all the time- either by screams, squealing, or just babbling. She'll sleep usually 10-11 hours a night and loves all her toys and bows she can now wear! While she'll always be my little baby I am loving watching her grow into the sweetest little girl. Jon and I are so blessed!

No comments: