Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"Two Month" Checkup

Today was Eva's "two month" check up - she'll actually be two months on Christmas Day so we went a week early. I have been dreading this appointment for weeks as I knew this was the first round of shots. If anyone knows how skittish I am about shots then you'll understand why this was so hard on me. But I kept telling myself that its best for Eva and that's all that got me through it. E did great though. She was all smiles before the nurse came in (obviously not aware of what was about to happen). Then she got her oral vaccine which she took well and then came the 3 shots in the legs. Good thing she has gained some weight and had fat on her thighs. She cried the worst cry I have ever heard from her for about 5 minutes and then fell asleep. Its 9 pm now and she has seriously only woken up twice to eat since we got home at 3:30. So she's doing well (as seen in the picture) and of course survived... more than that Jon and I survived with only a few tears between the three of us. 

The highlight of the appt though were the stats below:
As of today (Dec 17):
Weight: 9 lbs 4 oz!!!!!
Length: 21"
Head Circ: 14.8"
These measurements moved her from the 10th to the 40th percentile!! So we're still on the small side but have really caught up over the past 5 weeks!! Thank the Lord for a perfectly healthy baby!

We will go back when she's 4 months old to do the above all over again!

1 comment:

Dana Daniel said...

Agh! I have got to see here sometime. Things have been so busy lately with the holidays! Hopefully we can come by once things slow down. She is precious!